Tuesday 21 June 2011

Holiday Wardrobe: South of France


Dress: Ralph Lauren, £75
Shoes: Office, £25 (reduced from £45 in their pre summer sale)
Bag: Longchamp Le Pliage Back Pack, £59
Sunglasses: Ray Ban Wayfarers in black, £120

I found this dress in a vintage shop on Brick Lane and it has to be the most comfortable item I now own; ideal for covering up a fat day and perfect for when you just want to throw something on. They had a small selection in different colours, I think I might pop back for the khaki version as it’s such a great basic summer dress.
My shoes are from Office and being a fan of all things beaded and turquoise there was no leaving the store without them! They are super comfortable and the camel strap looks really nice when your feet start to tan. 
My back pack is Longchamp and was a gift from my Mother. It's large enough to fill with holiday buys but light enough to carry around all day. Being a Le Pliage bag makes it easy to look after and any marks can be removed with a cloth and warm water. It’s  even practical for the beach. It’s my third Longchamp handbag, and although you can pretty much spot them on every other girl in London, I still haven't found a better replacement for a great everyday bag.
My sunglasses are classic Ray Ban Wayfarers in medium and pretty much go with everything.


Tassel Top: Topshop, £25 
Trousers: Rokit Vintage, £45
Shoes: Office, £25
Bag: Longchamp Le Pliage Back Pack, £59
Round Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters, £16
Bracelet: Nirvana (French store in Nice), £6

I am so glad I found this top. It's made of thin lycra, is really loose and has cotton tassels around the hem. It’s cropped so goes best with high wasted bottoms.
The trousers are from Rokit on Brick Lane and are a one off, although there are some great versions on the high street. They are made of light cotton and have a zip waist. During June I have worn them on holiday, for a birthday party and to a fashion show. I’m still not tired of them. I kept the top half simple and went black to make the colours pop.  
My shoes are Office. I had my eye on them for ages and when I finally got around to buying them they had been reduced that very day...perfect! The colour is amazing and the platform is low enough for every day wear. They are instore now in a range of colours, although I think the emerald style are the only ones in the sale.
I bought the sunglasses from Urban Outfitters in March. Considering they were low in price they are actually really sturdy so perfect for holidays and festivals. 
The blue bracelet is from a jewellery boutique in Nice. My sister and I return each year to stock up on the best costume jewellery going. It's very hippy and incredibly cheap (details at the end).
Bag, as before.




Dress: Rokit Vintage, £35
Jacket: Vintage Levi's, £30
Bag: Rokit Vintage, £40
Shoes: Office, £25

I love this vintage red dress from, once again, Rokit. I can't stay away from the Brick Lane store or their online boutique. They really have the most wonderful one-off pieces. This dress is what I would describe as a 'sack dress' and is made of cotton with an embroidered floral print. I think I may take the hem up a little as my legs don't really suit this length. I am hoping to take the new shortened version to Glastonbury this week (weather permitting...eeekkk). 
My jacket is Levi's and is from Camden market. I have recently renewed my love for the ol' denim jacket and plan on wearing it a lot this summer. 
The drawstring bag is also from Rokit and is perfect for holidays and festivals. 
Shoes as before.

  
Stockist Infomation

Longchamp: For stockists see www.longchamp.com
Ray Ban: For stockists see www.ray-ban.com/uk
Urban Outfitters: www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk
Nirvana: 10, Rue du Collet 06300 Vieux Nice, Côte d'Azur 


 Images: Stephanie Blundell (Novateur)