Tuesday 12 April 2011

Accessorising with Meg Mathews



The moment I walked into the scarf room last year at Liberty an array of beautiful prints caught my eye. I found myself bypassing the McQueen’s and heading straight over to this lovely display of silk scarves. The designer it turned out, was none other than original rock chick come yummy mummy turned print designer; Meg Mathews. 

After the success of her gorgeous printed wallpaper Ms Mathews created her own range of luxurious scarves. Each are made in the UK with 100% silk and feature her own signature Russian Doll design. After the overload of skull scarves it's refreshing to see a new design.

Scarves really can make an outfit. There is nothing more stylish than a great pair of jeans paired with a basic top and customised with a statement scarf. As Meg say’s ‘I have always loved scarves, I love the way they can make an outfit and add personality to what you are wearing, they are versatile, exciting and definitely on trend’.

See below for my pick of the best. Wear all year long conventionally, as a head scarf or accessorise your swimsuit on the beach this summer. I’m heading to St Tropez in June and one of these will look just perfect teamed with my new crochet bikini.

Enjoy…








Meg's scarves are available to buy at www.liberty.co.uk 
For more information on Meg visit www.megmathews.co.uk 
You can also follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/MegMathews

Images courtesy of Meg Mathews